Our Board Members
The board of management at Portarlington Enterprise Centre has changed over the years as members have joined the board and other members have left to explore new challenges. Today our board meetings are chaired and attended by:
Michael is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with his own well established and successful business, MJ Turley & Associates, based in Portarlington.
Michael has vast experience in building industrial space and was involved in the construction of the Portarlington Enterprise Centre from the onset. Involved in many local community groups, Michael was integrally involved in the redevelopment of both the Portarlington Lawn Tennis Club and the Portarlington Rugby Club. Michael is also the current Chairperson of the Board of The Dunamaise Arts Centre in Portlaoise.
Carol has worked in the H.S.E. since 2003 in Primary Care and Project Management. Carol played a big part in the development of the Local Primary Care Centre.
A director of Portarlington Community Development Association and involved in the following projects:
- Portarlington Community Enterprise Project – Director and Secretary
- Portarlington Community Creche – Chairperson
- After Schools Project
- Derryounce Walks & Trails Project Phase 1
Carol was also involved in the development plans for the Enterprise Centre and the Community Creche.
Married with 2 boys who keep her on her toes.
Lillian has been a board member of the P.E.C. for many years. Lillian has worked as a Financial Director in Shiels & Co. for over twenty years.
She has been active in community projects such as
- PCDA Director
- Derryounce walks & trails projects
- Portarlington “we walk together” group
Mary has been involved in community projects for over 15 years. Mary is very passionate about her work and is a firm believer in community collaboration. Her past and present positions include:
- Community Development Officer with the P.C.D.A. (Portarlington Community Development Association Ltd.).
- Volunteer on Board of Directors for Community Creche, Enterprise Centre, C.E. Community Project, Derryounce Lakes & Trails, the People’s Park Committee and remains a voluntary member/director of the P.C.D.A. to-date.
- Co-ordinator of the PEC. Working closely with the resident businesses, networking with Laois/Offaly Local Enterprise Offices, and many more
Michael Mc Evoy
Michael has been a member of the Board for many years and is very active in the local community. Michael has been the CEO of Portarlington Credit Union since May of 2008 in addition to:
- Being a Board member of Portarlington Credit Union Ltd from 1984 to 2008.
- Being a member of the Board of Management at Presentation Primary School Board of Management since 2013.
All whilst being married with three children.
Aidan is a founder member and former Chairman of the PCDA. He was involved in the construction of the Portarlington Enterprise Centre and one of the first Board Members.
He is also on the Board of Laois Leisure Ltd including Portarlington Leisure Centre and is on the Derryounce Lakes and Trails Committee.
He is a member of Laois County Council since 2014.
Co – opted to Laois County Council April 2021
P.J. is joint Treasurer and member of Courtwood GAA Club. He is a member of Vicarstown Farmers association. He sits on many committees around Laois including:
- Laois Partnership Board
- Portarlington Enterprise Centre
- Rural Water
- Policing Committee
Philip is a Chartered Engineer with significant project and programme management experience gained both in Ireland and in the UK Civil Engineering industry.
He is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Ireland and a Chartered Member of both Engineers Ireland, the UK Institution of Civil Engineers and the Institution of Water & Environmental Management.
He has been working as Senior Executive Engineer with Laois County Council for 20 years. He is passionate about promoting the development of start-up business enterprises.